As promised in a previous blog we are releasing a step by step guide on exactly how we planned our trip! Its much easier than its made out to be I mean if we can do it I’m pretty sure most people can haha!
- Grab a pen and paper and write where exactly you would like to go!
- Find yourself a travel agency for advice on flights, costs etc. We used STA Travel but there are others out there e.g. gap 360!
- Hopefully you will now have the exact places you are going, this should also give you a cost as well! I know you get the price very quickly using STA. This really helps as you can put a plan together on how to save up the funds! (The worst part LOL)
- Make a target amount of money to save up by the time your trip is booked! Then do whatever it takes to reach that target! It is so rewarding to save for something and then get it. Hard work pays off! 🙂
- At this point start looking more in detail at your trip! Having loads of places to go is amazing! But if your travelling on a budget be more realistic, if some places are looking quite expensive its okay, hopefully you have a lot of amazing other places to see! We actually trimmed our trip down a little for this exact reason, it happens!
- Start thinking visas, vaccinations and travel insurance! This can add to more than you might think so don’t ignore this!
- Go and check out our travel essentials list and make sure you get everything on it you don’t have! If you can think of anything we have missed please don’t hesitate to let us know!
- Now time for the fun part! Start looking at each destination your going to and planning parts of it! Look at hotels, trains, buses and inbound flights!
- Download apps! Good apps to use are airbnb, hostel world, booking, 12goasia, rome2rio and maps.me. These are to name a few if you guys have any apps not mentioned here please let us know it would be very appreciated.
And phew! This is pretty much everything I can think of that we have done so far! We have arranged Dubai and Vietnam so far. Haha I know what your thinking thats not a lot! But your planning should never feel like a chore do it when you want to do it! 🙂 if you give yourself plenty of time it will all fall into place!
If this blog has helped anyone that would honestly make our day! I hope you all have fun planning your future trips!
Until next time!